ChitoSal features two highly bioactive plant effectors that trigger two separate pathways within the plant. Since our unique approach has allowed us to create a product of incomparable effectiveness, it only needs to be applied once every two weeks to achieve amazing results. Therefore, growers can produce superior crops by using a very small amount. A little goes a long way.
ChitoSal is compatible with all growing media and all base nutrients. It can be applied as a foliar spray, or watered directly into the root zone.
The first application is recommended one week before transition to flower, and ChitoSal is then applied once every two weeks throughout the flowering stage. For best results, we recommend foliar spraying the first two applications, followed by watering into the root zone once every two weeks until harvest.
What Are Plant Effectors?
A plant effector is usually a small molecule, one that can be beneficial for a plant by inducing or changing certain behaviours. When effector molecules bind to specific receptors within a plant, they can regulate the plant’s biological activity. This can lead to an increase in enzyme activity, specific gene expression, and cell signalling.
ChitoSal uses two powerful plant effectors in order to trigger a number of beneficial changes:
- INCREASING THE PLANT’S TOLERANCE TO ABIOTIC STRESSES SUCH AS SALT, HEAT AND DROUGHT
- INCREASING PHOTOSYNTHETIC ACTIVITY
- TRIGGERING FLOWERING AND FRUIT YIELD
- INDUCING THE BIOACCUMULATION OF PLANT DEFENSE COMPOUNDS SUCH AS TERPENES AND RESIN
- DEVELOPMENT OF PHYSICAL DEFENSE STRUCTURES SUCH AS THICKER CELL WALL DEVELOPMENT AND INCREASED TRICHOME PRODUCTION